Plant Engineering ManagerJanesville, WI
Are you looking for an Engineering opportunity where you can have a direct impact on the growth of the business through process improvements and successful implementation of projects?
Are you interested in a management role, but still want to be a “hands-on” Engineer?
Then our Plant Engineering Manager just might be the role for you.
ABITEC is a global leader in the development and manufacture of specialty lipids and surfactants, servicing clients in the pharmaceutical, nutraceutical, and specialty chemicals industries. We manufacturer over 100 products at our Janesville facility. We manage our business locally, but we have the backing and resources available from our large multi-national parent company – Associated British Foods.
We are currently seeking a Plant Engineering Manager. This is a newly created role. The Engineering Manager will address requirements imposed on all facets of the plant operations by Customers, Regulatory Agencies, and Certification Bodies and identify and implement opportunities for improvements in the overall plant operation, including but not limited to, implementation and management of capital projects, process evaluations and studies, creation of procedures and related training.
- Primary responsibility for operation and maintenance of our Plant control systems
- Evaluate and initiate capital projects as directed by the needs of the Business
- Assist in management of on-site contractor activities to insure safe and efficient completion of work.
- Develop plans and implement corrective actions for various audit findings
- Serve as a technical resource for all plant functions which includes investigation of applicable standards or regulations and their relationship to Plant operations and then recommend safe and efficient solutions.
- Training of plant personnel as related to functions listed above.
- Evaluate Process Capability and improve processes as necessary to achieve acceptable level of performance.
- Consider opportunities to implement Statistical Process Control in the plant where deemed necessary or appropriate.
- Investigate Nonconformance’s pertinent to plant activities (Root Cause) and develop Corrective and Preventive Actions.
- Communicate directly with customers, vendors, and contractors
- Perform other duties, as assigned
- BS in chemical engineering
- Familiarity with control system operation and trouble shooting
- Able to work in a highly matrixed organization
- Demonstrated problem solving skills
- Computer skills including Microsoft Office and typical PC applications
- Background in supervision preferred
- Experience or certifications desired in one or more of the following: OSHA PSM, EPA, cGMP, ISO 9001, 14001, OHSAS 18001, GFSI, Project Management
- Experience with control systems/PLCs desired
- Ability to effectively communicate both in writing and orally within the organization and with external contacts
- Able to independently develop, organize and implement work plans
- Familiar with Statistics and Statistical Process Control
- Familiar with Quality Management Principles (e.g.: 6 Sigma, lean manufacturing, etc.)
- Familiar with Root Cause Analysis and Corrective and Preventive Action