Production and Engineering ManagerJanesville, WI
Production and Engineering Manager – Janesville, WI
The Production and Engineering Manager is responsible for directing the Production Department in a manner that assures a safe and efficient operation. This person will also play a key role in leading capital projects and operational activities to optimize process flow, achieve customer fulfillment rates and cost saving objectives. This position reports to the Director of Operations.
- Direct the plant operations of the Production Department to insure safety, maintenance, capital project, objectives are met
- Provides hands-on leadership to both direct and indirect reports, full responsibilities of staffing outlook, training and career development, performance review, discipline for subordinate
- Improve the operational systems, processes and policies in support of company’s mission and optimize plant operations output to meet customer requirements
- Oversee production and process performance, identify opportunities for improvement and drive CI to achieve cost saving and higher efficiency
- Oversee production related capital projects based on current process capacity, determine operational improvement initiatives, plans, corrective actions to optimize plant operations across control systems and plant equipment, provide input on capital investment
- Evaluate process capability, reliability, and overall efficiency to develop improvement strategy and further optimize safety, reliability, and efficiency across all control systems; Apply Statistical Process Control to sustain and continuously improve process and equipment reliability
- Monitor and develop plant KPI and metrics, collect, analyze data concerning plant output, cost, cut/yield, scarp to identify area of improvement and cost saving opportunities
- Collaborate with quality team and support root cause analysis, corrective action to drive improvement, reduce re-work and return issues
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemical Engineering is a must.
- Recent years of experience as Plant Production Manager, Operations Manager, Plant Process Manager within Manufacturing industry, exposure to tier one manufacturer in food or specialty chemicals desired
- Hands-on leadership experience, ability to motivate and develop people
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, critical thinking skill and excellent communication and people skills, ability to interact with customers, suppliers and cross functional teams
- Solid experience in Lean Manufacturing Practice, Continuous Improvement, 5S/6S, certified in LSS is a plus.
- Solid experience in plant assets management and capital project management, recently exposure to plant automation project management.
About ABITEC Corporation
With over 50 years of experience in working with organic compounds and high-quality ingredients, ABITEC continues to be at the forefront in developing advanced lipid technologies that will serve our customers now and in the future. We know that relationships are key, and that is why we combine excellent customer service and innovative products to ensure our clients can find solutions for any need in their industry.
ABITEC’s trademarked specialty ingredients include Capmul, Captex, Caprol, Acconon, Sterotex, Nutri Sperse, Hydro~Kote and Pureco. Their application areas vary from pharmaceutical, nutritional and cosmetic products, to the manufacturing of foams, creams, ointments and lotions. These ingredients are produced in the USA.
About ABF Ingredients
ABF Ingredients is a division of Associated British Foods that focuses on high value ingredients for both food and non-food areas and comprises a range of ingredient companies which include AB Enzymes, Ohly, PGP International, and SPI Pharma. The group has established strong market positions in cereal specialties, enzymes, esters, extruded ingredients, specialty lipids, specialty powders, specialty flours, yeast extracts worldwide.