ABITEC lipids and lipid emulsifiers find their place in the clinic and may provide sustainable energy sources to patients. Energy Balance and mitigation of issues of malabsorption can be factors of importance for patients in diseased states . ABITEC's lipids provide macronutrients and are compatible with a wide range of formulations for oral or parenteral routes of administration.
Captex® Medium-Chain Triglycerides
Captex MCTs have notable use in the Pharmaceutical industry as excellent carriers and solubilizers in various drug delivery systems. The versatility of Captex MCTs across different markets is a result of the unique functional and nutritional characteristics Captex MCTs possess, such as:
- Providing sustainable energy, promoting prolonged satiety, aiding in brain health and supporting a healthy metabolism [1-3]
- Ability to solubilize active nutritional ingredients to enhance absorption while contributing almost no taste to the formulation
- Kosher and Halal
- Not manufactured from bioengineered ingredients (Non-GMO)
- Powdered forms available in our Nutri Sperse® product line
These properties (and more) make Captex MCTs a very viable choice for a variety of clinical nutrition applications.
Available CAPTEX® Products
Multiple Sustainable Raw Material Options Available
Coconut, Palm-free, and RSPO Options
|Chemical Name||Caprylic (C8) fatty acid content (%)||Capric (C10) fatty acid content (%)||CAS Number|
|Captex 300||Glyceryl Tricaprylate/ Tricaprate||~70||~30||65381-09-1|
|Captex 355||Glyceryl Tricaprylate/ Tricaprate||~55||~35||65381-09-1,
|Captex 1000||Glyceryl Tricaprate||<1||98||621-71-6|
|Captex 8000||Glyceryl Tricaprylate||98||<1||538-23-8|
The SENDS™ Solution
ABITEC's Self-Emulsifying Nutraceutical Delivery System (SENDS™) is a formulation method by which poorly water soluble compounds are able to be solubilized and subsequently absorbed. It provides extensive benefits for your formulations including:
- Enhanced bioavailability
- Increased formulation efficiency to reduce dose
- Protection of ANI during processing or manufacturing and in the gastro-intestinal environment
- Reduced food effect
- Usable in liquid or solid dosage forms
- Each SENDS™ is custom designed to meet your formulation needs
NUTRI SPERSE lipid powders deliver up to 73% fat content from a wide range of healthy oils, including medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs), canola, and high oleic sunflower. All of our oils are low trans fat, non hydrogenated, Kosher, and Halal. They are dispersible across a spectrum of hot and cold aqueous applications, and they provide a creamy mouth feel and improved functionality to products where liquid oils are not applicable.
Additionally, they are:
- Available with dairy and non-dairy bases*
- Available with MCTs for increased and sustainable energy supply
- Used to promote post-workout recovery and enhance performance
- Up to 24 month shelf life
*The carbohydrate and proteins in the bases of Nutri Sperse powders are specifically selected to provide nutritional functionality, such as, slow to fast energy production.
|Nutri Sperse CAN 70||Nonfat Dried Milk||Canola||70%|
|Nutri Sperse HOS 70 ND||Non-GMO Maltodextrin||High Oleic Sunflower||70%|
|Nutri Sperse HOS 73||Buttermilk||High Oleic Sunflower||73%|
|Nutri Sperse HOSO M||Maltodextrin||High Oleic Sunflower||48%|
|Nutri Sperse MCT 50||Non-GMO Maltodextrin||MCT||50%|
|Nutri Sperse MCT 70||Nonfat Dried Milk||MCT||70%|
|Nutri Sperse MCT C8||Nonfat Dried Milk||MCT||70%|
These functional lipid excipients act as solubilizers and emulsifiers in oral drug delivery systems. CAPMUL excipients are recognized as the ideal starting point when formulating BCS Class II & IV (poorly water soluble) and BCS Class III & IV (poorly permeable) molecules. Lipid based drug delivery systems may be formulated as liquid or semi-solid formulations for oral dosage forms.
- Bioavailability enhancer
- Carrier (vehicle)
- Employment through SENDS™ - Self emulsifying nutritional delivery systems
|Product Name||Chemical Name||CAS Number|
|Capmul 471||Glyceryl caprylate/caprate|
|Capmul GMO-50||Glyceryl Monooleate||25496-72-4|
1. St. Onge, M.P. , Jones, PJH. (2002) Physiological Effects of Medium-Chain triglycerides: Potential Agents in the Prevention of Obesity, J. Nutr. 132: 329-332
2. Bach AC and Babayan VK. Medium-chain triglycerides: an update. The American journal of clinical nutrition 1982;36(5):950-962.
3. Heydinger JA and Nakhasi DK. Medium Chain Triacylglycerols. Journal of Food Lipids 1996;3:251-257.
dietary supplements sports nutrition weight management
CAPTEX®, and CAPMUL® are registered trademarks of ABITEC Corporation. All information and statements given on this website are believed to be accurate at the time of publication. However, neither ABITEC Corporation nor any of their affiliates make any representations or warranty with respect thereto, including, but not limited to, any results obtained in the processing of the products by customers or any third party. All information and statements are intended for persons having the required skill and know-how and do not relieve the customer or user from verifying the suitability of information and statements given for a specific purpose prior to use of the products. It is entirely the obligation of the customer or user to comply with applicable laws and regulations, and also with all patent or other intellectual property rights of third parties. ABITEC CORPORATION EXPRESSELY DISCLAIMS ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE ACCURACY, CURRENCY, COMPLETENESS AND/OR THE MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS OF A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OF ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THIS WEBSITE AND/OR PRODUCT DESCRIBED OR PROMOTED ON THIS WEBSITE, INCLUDING WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO INFRINGEMENT OF ANY PATENT, COPYRIGHT, OR OTHER RIGHTS OF A THIRD PARTY. We reserve the right to change product specifications and specified properties of the products without prior notice. NUTRI SPERSE is a registered trademark of AB Mauri Food Inc. Used under license.