The functional beverages market includes a variety of sub-segments including energy drinks, sports drinks, enhanced water, functional dairy beverages, functional juices and specialty beverages. Consumers are continually seeking healthier options to carbonated beverages or sugar and preservative filled juices. Functional beverages typically come with added ingredients such as herbs, minerals, vitamins, or amino acids, to boost nutritional value. ABITEC's ingredients can add sustainable nutritional benefits and improved functionality to your functional beverage portfolio.
Featured Product: Captex® Medium-Chain Triglycerides (MCTs)
- Medium-Chain Triglycerides (MCTs) provide sustainable energy and post-workout recovery, increased thermogenesis, promote prolonged satiety and aid in cognitive enhancement [1-3].
- Rapid source of fuel that is readily used by the body
- Kosher and Halal
- Not manufactured from bioengineered ingredients (Non-GMO)
- Powdered forms available in our Nutri Sperse® product line
- Wide variety of applications including, sports and energy drinks, juices, coffee and more!
- Keto and Paleo diet friendly
- Excellent Stability with 24-36 month shelf life
Multiple Sustainable Raw Material Options Available
Coconut, Palm-free, and RSPO Options
|Chemical Name||Caprylic (C8) fatty acid content (%)||Capric (C10) fatty acid content (%)||CAS Number|
|Captex 300||Glyceryl Tricaprylate/ Tricaprate||~70||~30||65381-09-1|
|Captex 355||Glyceryl Tricaprylate/ Tricaprate||~55||~35||65381-09-1,
|Captex 1000||Glyceryl Tricaprate||<1||98||621-71-6|
|Captex 8000||Glyceryl Tricaprylate||98||<1||538-23-8|
NUTRI SPERSE lipid powders deliver up to 73% fat content from a wide range of healthy oils, including medium chain triglycerides (MCTs), canola, and high oleic sunflower. All of our oils are low trans fat, non hydrogenated, Kosher, and Halal. They are dispersible across a spectrum of hot and cold aqueous applications, and they provide a creamy mouth feel and improved functionality to products where liquid oils are not applicable.
Additionally, they are:
- Available with dairy and non-dairy bases*
- Available with MCTs for increased and sustainable energy supply
- Used to promote post-workout recovery and enhance performance
- Up to 24 month shelf life
*The carbohydrate and proteins in the bases of Nutri Sperse powders are specifically selected to provide nutritional functionality, such as, slow to fast energy production.
|Nutri Sperse A5100**||Polydextrose, Milk Protein Concentrate, and Whey Protein Isolate||High Oleic Sunflower||45%|
|Nutri Sperse CAN 70||Nonfat Dried Milk||Canola||70%|
|Nutri Sperse IP HOS 70 ND||Non-GMO Maltodextrin||High Oleic Sunflower||70%|
|Nutri Sperse HOS 73||Buttermilk||High Oleic Sunflower||73%|
|Nutri Sperse HOSO M||Non-GMO Maltodextrin||High Oleic Sunflower||48%|
|Nutri Sperse MCT CA||Modified Food Starch||MCT||25%|
|Nutri Sperse MCT 50||Non-GMO Maltodextrin||MCT||50%|
|Nutri Sperse MCT 70||Nonfat Dried Milk||MCT||70%|
Mono- and diglycerides improve the bioavailability of insoluble and/or impermeable active nutritional ingredients. For the functional beverage market these ingredients can also aid in the emulsification and solubilization of certain nutrient focused drinks. Functionalities include:
- Carrier (vehicle)
- Bioavailability enhancer
|Product Name||Chemical Name|
|Capmul 471||Glyceryl caprylate/caprate|
|Capmul GMS-50K||Glyceryl Monostearate|
1. St. Onge, M.P. , Jones, J.H. (2002) Physiological Effects of Medium Chain triglycerides: Potential Agents in the Prevention of Obesity, J. Nutr. 132: 329-332
2. Bach AC and Babayan VK. Medium-chain triglycerides: an update. The American journal of clinical nutrition 1982;36(5):950-962.
3. Heydinger JA and Nakhasi DK. Medium Chain Triacylglycerols. J Food Lipids 1996;3:251-257.
Captex®, Capmul®and, NUTRI SPERSE® are registered trademarks of ABITEC Corporation. All information and statements given on this website are believed to be accurate at the time of publication. However, neither ABITEC Corporation nor any of their affiliates make any representations or warranty with respect thereto, including, but not limited to, any results obtained in the processing of the products by customers or any third party. All information and statements are intended for persons having the required skill and know-how and do not relieve the customer or user from verifying the suitability of information and statements given for a specific purpose prior to use of the products. It is entirely the obligation of the customer or user to comply with applicable laws and regulations, and also with all patent or other intellectual property rights of third parties. ABITEC CORPORATION EXPRESSELY DISCLAIMS ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE ACCURACY, CURRENCY, COMPLETENESS AND/OR THE MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS OF A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OF ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THIS WEBSITE AND/OR PRODUCT DESCRIBED OR PROMOTED ON THIS WEBSITE, INCLUDING WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO INFRINGEMENT OF ANY PATENT, COPYRIGHT, OR OTHER RIGHTS OF A THIRD PARTY. We reserve the right to change product specifications and specified properties of the products without prior notice.