The Biopharmaceutics Classification System (BCS) classifies active pharmaceutical ingredients (API's) based on the solubility and permeability of each respective API. API's that are BCS Class III & IV are poorly permeable, indicating that they will exhibit reduced bioavailability due to reduced transit across the GI tract. Formulating these API's in a lipid based drug delivery system can enhance the permeability of these molecules and ensure improved bioavailability.
CAPMUL® - Where Formulation Begins™
ABITEC has expanded its portfolio of CAPMUL bioavailability enhancers which are medium-chain mono- and di-glycerides and propylene glycol esters. These functional lipid excipients act as solubilizers and emulsifiers in oral, topical, transdermal, and parenteral drug delivery systems. CAPMUL excipients are recognized as the ideal starting point when formulating BCS Class II & IV (poorly water soluble) and BCS Class III & IV (poorly permeable) molecules. Lipid based drug delivery systems may be formulated as liquid or semi-solid formulations for oral dosage and can also be employed as solubilizers, emulsifiers, and penetration enhancers in creams and ointments for both topical and transdermal applications.
- Bioavailability enhancer
- Carrier (vehicle)
- Employment through SEDDS - self emulsifying drug delivery systems
Specifically for Permeation Enhancement:
- Major advantages in the areas of drug solubility and protection against enzymatic hydrolysis, coupled with enhanced absorption.
- Efficient in the solubilization or dispersion of active substances and polar lipids.
- Effective in self-emulsifying drug delivery systems (SEDDS) when incorporated as a low HLB water-in-oil (w/o) emulsifier or co-emulsifier.
- Useful enhancer for intestinal absorption of poorly absorbed drugs due to Capmul's low acute oral toxicity and its absence of local irritation.
- Potential to enhance the release and availability of many drugs that are impermeable to tissue barriers and poorly absorbed due to either low partition coefficient or low diffusibility.
|Product Name||Chemical Name||CAS Number|
|Capmul 808G EP/NF||Glyceryl Monocaprylate||26402-26-6|
|Capmul MCM C8 EP/NF||Glyceryl Monocaprylate||26402-26-6|
|Capmul MCM NF||Glyceryl Caprylate/Caprate||91744-32-0,
|Capmul MCM EP/NF||Glyceryl Caprylate/Caprate|| 91744-32-0,
|Capmul PG-8 NF||Propylene Glycol Monocaprylate||68332-79-6|
|Capmul PG-12 EP/NF||Propylene Glycol Monolaurate||27194-74-7|
CAPMUL® 是 ABITEC Corporation 的注册商标。本网站提供的所有信息和陈述在发布时均被认为准确。但是，ABITEC Corporation 及其附属公司对（包括但不限于）顾客或任何第三方因处理产品而产生的任何相关结果概不作任何声明或保证。所有信息和声明仅面向拥有相关技能和专门知识的人员，并不免除顾客或用户在使用产品前确认针对某一具体用途的信息和声明之合适性的义务。遵守相关法律法规以及所有专利或第三方的其他知识产权完全是顾客或用户的义务。ABITEC Corporation 明确声明，对于本网站上的任何信息和/或本网站所述或所宣传之任何产品，我们不作有关准确性、时效性、完整性及/或特定用途适销性或适合性的任何明示或暗示的声明或保证，包括不作有关是否侵犯任何专利、版权或第三方其他权利的保证。我们保留修改产品规格和产品之指定属性的权利，恕不另行通知。