Global sales of spreads (dairy, nut, chocolate, etc.) are well over $22 billion and growing. Many of the younger generations are looking for quicker and easier ways to get certain nutrients without compromising taste. Butter has made a transition from just being a stick of fat used in baking and cooking to now boasting different flavors and promoting unique nutritional benefits that make it a staple addition to your morning toast. The issue for manufacturers is creating these delicious spreads while maintaining function and nutritional content. ABITEC offers a solution to improve/enhance both a spread's functionality and nutrition profile.
Featured Product: Captex® Medium-Chain Triglycerides (MCTs)
ABITEC's Captex MCTs have ideal melting point properties as well as additional nutritional benefits that make them perfect for your spread formulation [1-3].
Other benefits include:
- Medium-Chain Triglycerides (MCTs) provide sustainable energy and post-workout recovery, increased thermogenesis, promote prolonged satiety and aid in cognitive enhancement [1-3].
- Kosher and Halal
- Not manufactured from bioengineered ingredients (Non-GMO)
- Powdered forms available in our Nutri Sperse® product line
- Usage beyond spreads including, sports and energy drinks, juices, coffee and more!
- Excellent stability with 24-36 month shelf life
- Keto and Paleo diet friendly
|Product Name||Chemical Name||CAS Number|
|Captex 1000||Glyceryl Tricaprate||621-71-6|
1. St. Onge, M.P. , Jones, PJH. (2002) Physiological Effects of Medium-Chain triglycerides: Potential Agents in the Prevention of Obesity, J. Nutr. 132: 329-332
2. Bach AC and Babayan VK. Medium-chain triglycerides: an update. The American journal of clinical nutrition 1982;36(5):950-962.
3. Heydinger JA and Nakhasi DK. Medium Chain Triacylglycerols. Journal of Food Lipids 1996;3:251-257.
CAPTEX® is a registered trademark of ABITEC Corporation. All information and statements given on this website are believed to be accurate at the time of publication. However, neither ABITEC Corporation nor any of their affiliates make any representations or warranty with respect thereto, including, but not limited to, any results obtained in the processing of the products by customers or any third party. All information and statements are intended for persons having the required skill and know-how and do not relieve the customer or user from verifying the suitability of information and statements given for a specific purpose prior to use of the products. It is entirely the obligation of the customer or user to comply with applicable laws and regulations, and also with all patent or other intellectual property rights of third parties. ABITEC CORPORATION EXPRESSELY DISCLAIMS ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE ACCURACY, CURRENCY, COMPLETENESS AND/OR THE MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS OF A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OF ANY INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THIS WEBSITE AND/OR PRODUCT DESCRIBED OR PROMOTED ON THIS WEBSITE, INCLUDING WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO INFRINGEMENT OF ANY PATENT, COPYRIGHT, OR OTHER RIGHTS OF A THIRD PARTY. We reserve the right to change product specifications and specified properties of the products without prior notice.